The World Powerlifting Technical Committee has approved the 1st July updated Rules of Competition. The one big rule change is that any Attempt now can be changed, once only, up to the call “bar loaded” for that Attempt; two changes are still allowed on the last Deadlift. Otherwise World Powerlifting’s unique and fair Rules are unchanged, including the features of –
- 8 Mens and 8 Women’s classes
- 1kg weight increments on all Attempts
- 5 years for Masters Age catgories
- all Apparel meeting the Rules is legal
- clear specifications of key criteria in the Squat, Bench Press and Deadlift.
View the 1 July 2019 World Powerlifting Rules of Competition